Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day #8

After work last night I hit the gym for a double work-out. I figured I owed myself from the weekend and also because I won't be able to go tonight. I got in 30 minutes on the Elliptical and then spent the next 90 minutes doing my entire upper body!

As I was standing at the weight bench looking at myself in the mirror I realized that my entire outlook has changed. When I used to watch myself lift, I would focus on the bad parts of my body, the things I didn't like. All I would see is the cellulite on my legs or the fact that when I bent over I could see rolls on my stomach. Now, when I look in the mirror those things are still there (albeit, less) but instead of getting frustrated or being angry I look at them and see strength! Those legs that I hated so much can Power Squat almost 200 pounds already and that stomach that used to drive me nuts is starting to take shape and there is visible definition!

This attitude change in the gym has spilled over into my personal life. When I get dressed in the morning I no longer allow myself to say negative things about myself or get angry if something doesn't fit the way I would like it to. I remind myself that I'm building muscle and that my body is changing so things are going to fit and look different for a while - but I'm proud of that!

I really enjoy my time in the gym and I'm becoming more and more anxious to see where I am at the half way point ... is it bad to wish away the summer just so I can see the change?

Yesterday was another not so good food day. But I was able to get to the grocery store after the gym so now the house is stocked with delicious and healthy items!

Food Diary (previous day):
  • Breakfast: Bagel thin w/low fat peanut butter, black coffee - 200 calories
  • Snack: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Lunch: 1 can shredded chicken w/low fat mayo & cheddar cheese crumbles and Triscuit thin crisps - 300 calories
  • Snack: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Dinner: 2 oz whole wheat pasta w/half cup pasta sauce - 260 calories
  • TOTAL: 760 calories ... (I don't even have anything to say about this)

Exercise Log:
  • 30 Minutes Elliptical
  • Bicep Curls
  • Concentration Curls
  • Incline Chest Presses
  • Tricep Kickbacks
  • Tricep Push-downs
  • Seated Cable Row
  • One Arm Row
  • Upright Row
  • Pull-Ups
  • Bosu Obliques
  • Bosu Lever Crunches
  • Bosu Knee-Ins

Work out was incredible. By the time I was done, I felt like my arms were going to completely fall off! I had a hard time pushing the cart at the grocery store!

Stay Strong!
xoxo Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment