Friday, April 23, 2010

Day #3

Last night's work out was awesome!

After meeting with my trainer for my fat analysis I took to the floor. I was again determined to push myself. Sometimes it's hard when she isn't standing right over me saying "No, you are NOT going to quit!"

I hit the treadmill first. I won't tell you how long it's been since I ran, but I turned on my iPod, hit Nike+ and I was off. I set the treadmill at 0.5% incline and at 5.0 mph. I KNOW that I can run faster than that but my goal for last night was to get in 3 miles and I knew if I went 6.0 mph there was no way I'd get it in. 36 minutes later, I'd hit my goal and my HR was at 173! I cooled down for 5 minutes then stretched before hitting the weights.

Another observation: when I was working out in the ladies section between 6-6:30pm it was empty, and I'd have the floor to myself. On the co-ed side it's the complete opposite, all the men show up around that time so the floor is super crowded.

Anyway, depsite the massive number (and size) of the men there I was able to find my newly self-designated flat bench and begin my work out. I was again, one of the only women on the floor last night so I got a few funny looks.

At one point while I was doing my decline chest presses the guy next to me asked if I could "actually lift that much" (I was doing 20 pound dumbbells). When I responded that I could he looked shocked and said "well if you need a spotter don't be afraid to ask." Now, a part of me was thankful for the offer but at the same time I felt a little insulted. I lift with proper form and the correct amount of weight so as not to hurt myself, unlike MANY of the men in the gym who lift as much as they possibly can despite the fact that they are doing it incorrectly. (I digress)

I spent the next 60 minutes doing my chest and back exercises - no abs tonight and then spent an additional 20 minutes stretching so I wouldn't be sore this morning.

My poor husband called me 3 times while I was there wondering what time I was going to be home, but since I didn't have my phone I missed his call each time. When I had completed my work out I looked at the clock and was shocked to see it was almost 8pm! This meant I had to hustle home and have a very light dinner before going to bed!

Food Log (previous day):

  • Breakfast: Bagel Thin w/low fat cream chz & tomato slices - 185 calorie
  • Snack: Yoplait Vanilla yogurt - 180 calories
  • Lunch: House Salad w/grilled chicken w/2 tbls low fat Italian & 1/2 pita bread - 300 calories
  • Snack: Triscit Thin Crisps - 150 calories
  • Dinner: Chicken burger (no roll), 1 cup mixed greens w/2 tbls low fat Italian & 1/2 cup Spanish rice - 400 calories
  • Water Intake: 80 oz
  • TOTAL: 1,215 calories (getting better)

Exercise (previous day):

  • 41 minutes Treadmill - 0.5% incline @ 5.0 mph - HR 173
  • Incline chest press, decline chest press, push ups, incline chest fly
  • Seated cable row, one arm row, upright row

Stay Strong!
xoxox Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment