Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Contemplation...

So it begins. I have attempted to write blogs in the past but always end up abandoning them shortly after starting. With this blog I am hoping to keep myself accountable for all my fitness accomplishments and failures over the next 365 days. I will try to blog every day about what I have eaten, what I have done for exercise and how I'm progressing toward my goal - be a Fitness Model by May 2011.

This time last year I was determined to run the Boston Marathon in 2010 - well the marathon happened yesterday and guess who wasn't running... yup, your's truly. As I watched the race I got emotional, thinking that I KNOW that could be me if I had just trained hard enough.

I have told my huband over the years that I have wanted to train for a marathon, become a personal trainer, take up Tae-Kwondo, run a triathlon (which I actually did do) and now my most recent dream is to be a fitness model.

I began working out with my personal trainer again (after a 3 year hiatus) and she is competing in her first fitness competition in 8 weeks. When I look at her, I see what I want to be - healthy, fit and happy.

While I'm not over-weight or even out of shape, I'm definitely not where I want to be. For the last two Saturdays she has really kicked my ass in the gym, and the emotional high I get after working out with her is amazing. During the week I have felt even more motivated to get into the gym on my own time, so that when we meet again I can show her my accomplishments. I've been so focused over these last 14 days, and I am telling you I can already see a difference. I'm feeling stronger and I can already see my muscles starting to take shape.

She and I have discussed my goals and she has told me that there is no reason why I can't get there, but I have to stay committed and focused. This week we are going to take my beginning measurements, my body fat percentage and my weight - then over the next 12 months we will track those numbers and watch my progress. So, consider this my official commitment to myself and to all of you - by this time next year I will be happier, healthier and in the best shape of my life! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment