Monday, April 26, 2010

Day #4, 5, 6 - Weekend

I have to admit, I was contemplating not blogging about my weekend because I can sum it up in one word -- FAIL! I completely fell off the food wagon starting Friday at lunch and continuing straight through last night. I am so disappointed in myself, but it's a new day and a new week - time to start fresh! (I've also decided I can't try to blog on Monday about the weekend as I tend to forget things)

Friday. Day #4. Another long day at work. Reached my breaking point and almost quit. But with no other job possibilities and a new house I used my better judgement and decided against it. Doesn't change the fact that I hate my job! My husband called to ask if I wanted to go out for a dinner date (something we haven't done since we moved). We contemplated going to a new restaurant in the town I work in, but figured it made more sense to go home and change first. Needless to say we ended up at Uno Chicago Grill. I was more than a little nervous that I wasn't going to be able to find anything to eat on the menu, but if you really take your time to read it and think about what is in each item you can find something filling and delicious. Unfortunately, on the way home my wonderful husband decided he wanted dessert. Having lost all will-power for the day we ended up at Friendly's...

Food Log:

  • Breakfast: Bagel Thin w/low fat cream chz & tomato slices - 185 calories
  • Snack: Yoplait Vanilla yogurt - 180 calories
  • Lunch: 1 can tuna fish w/light may & relish, triscit thin crisps - 320 calories
  • Snack: piece of vanilla birthday cake - 200 calories
  • Dinner: Herb crusted chicken w/steamed broccoli & mashed potatoes from Uno Chicago Grill - 600 calories
  • Dessert - Peanut Butter cup FriendsZ - 860 calories (this makes me furious at myself!)
  • Water Intake: 60 oz
  • TOTAL: 2,345 calories

Exercise:

  • No exercise for the day

Saturday. Day #5. Woke up to a gorgeous day! The sun was shining and I had a busy day scheduled. Met with some girlfriends to go to a huge yard sale - didn't end up finding anything but had a great time with the girls. We went to breakfast after and then I headed to do some errands.

Did you ever notice that when you have new, cute workout clothes you have a better work out? This is how I feel every time I have something new. Dick's Sporting Goods was having a huge sale on Saturday and since I needed new weight lifting gloves I figured I'd swing by. I ended up leaving with a new sports bra, a pair of gloves, a really cute tank, 6 pairs of socks and an awesome pair of Nike spandex shorts! My credit card wasn't so happy but I was thrilled.

After leaving Dick's I headed to the gym for my training session. We sat down and reviewed my food log for the previous week. She gave me a ton of great pointers. According to her, I'm eating way too much sugar, no enough protein and not nearly enough calories (which we knew). She gave me a few ideas of ways to revamp my diet, adding protein powder and cutting out the sugar. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to hit the grocery store to shop, but hoping to get there early this week.

Anyway, Saturday morning we did legs and abs. She said she is so impressed by how much more I can already lift. We added about 10 pounds per exercise on Saturday and when we were done I was again dripping in sweat and feeling great. I can't wait to get back in the gym this week and keep pushing myself!

Just a warning - my food log for Saturday is worse than bad... it's HORRIBLE!

Food Log:

  • Breakfast: Egg-white omelet w/tomato & feta, wheat toast & potatoes - 300 calories
  • Snack: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Lunch: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Snack: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Dinner: 2 Tacos - no shell, on a bed of Spanish rice w/chz, guacamole, diced tomatoes & sour cream - 700 calories
  • Water Intake: 80 oz
  • TOTAL: 1,000 calories (terrible)

Exercise:

  • 15 minutes Treadmill - 1.5 mile run, 5.0 mph, 0.5% incline
  • Abs, Legs & Shoulders

Sunday. Day #6. I knew I wasn't going to get to the gym today, Sundays and Mondays are typically my "rest" days, because Sunday is the one day my husband and I get together and I have class Monday nights. However, given the fact that I wasn't going to the gym, I figured I'd get some stuff done around the house. What started out as a day full of laundry and cleaning ended up being a day full of deck demolition and post hole digging (yay! exercise)

We spent the morning jacking up the parts of the deck that were sagging and reinforcing them with new beams and stronger nails. We then dug three 4 foot holes in which we poured concrete (that we mixed by hand might I add). Given that the concrete takes 24-48 hours to set we spent the rest of the afternoon doing yard work, pruning trees, cutting the lawn and neatening up.

My in-law's had joined us in the morning for "moral support" which I was very thankful for, because it keeps my husband from swearing as much as he normally would have. When we were finally finished with the yard my in-law's suggested that we go to the Olive Garden for dinner. Three nights eating out in one week is not a good idea for any one's diet but I wasn't going to say no.

Overall, despite my lack of exercise and my huge food fail, the weekend was nice and it was hard to come back to work this morning - especially since it's raining and cold.

Food Log:

  • Breakfast: 1 piece of coffee cake - 150 calories
  • Snack: 1 cup cut pineapple - 100 calories
  • Lunch: Nothing - 0 calories
  • Snack: Triscit Thin Crisps - 150 calories
  • Dinner: 1/2 serving of chicken parm w/salad & bread stick from the Olive Garden - 895 calories
  • Dessert - 1 piece Boston Creme torte - 230 calories
  • Water Intake: 20 oz
    TOTAL: 1,525 calories

Exercise:

  • Yard work

This entry was hard for me to write, because as I look back at what I ate over the weekend and the lack of true exercise I did, it makes me wonder if I'll be able to reach my goal after all. To say I'm disappointed in myself would be an understatement. I guess each day is a chance to start fresh - let's just hope I don't fall off the wagon again anytime soon.

Stay Strong!
xoxox Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment