Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day #10

I have decided I'm going to stop posting calorie numbers, since I am not trying to lose weight. It is becoming increasingly distracting for me to include these figures in my food diary. Going forward I will post what I've eaten and include a daily breakdown of carbs, protein and fats (the things I should be concerned with).

Food Diary:
  • Breakfast: 1 piece egg white fritatta; bagel thin w/low fat cream chz; black coffee
  • Snack: 1 small apple w/2 tbls peanut butter
  • Lunch: Whole wheat wrap w/4 oz shredded chicken, provolone chz & light BBQ sauce; tomato & mozzarella salad w/balsamic vinegar
  • Snack: 3/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios
  • Dinner: 5 oz filet Mignon w/grilled onions, scalloped potatoes & salad
  • Water: 90 oz

I have been using Sparkpeople (www.sparkpeople.com) to track my food and according to website I hit each one of my food goals for the day - this is the first time I've been able to do that since I started this journey! I am definitely psyched about that!

A funny thing happened when I was at the gym today. As I was getting ready to do my power squats, I looked up how much I had done last week, then I added 5 pounds to each side. I added another 5 pounds for the next set and finally I added the last 5 pounds to each side. By the time I was done I had added what I thought was 15 pounds to each side... but as it turns out I'd been adding 10 pounds to each side. So what should have been 15 pounds total ended up being an additional 30! Somehow not knowing exactly how much I had added enabled me to get out the same number of reps as last week.

On my way out of the gym I ran into my trainer and told her what had happened - perhaps an error in judgement - and she said "if that's the case I'm never telling you again how much weight you're lifting!"

Saturday could be really dangerous! :)

Exercise:

  • Power Squats
  • Leg Presses
  • One Leg Standing Hamstring Curls
  • Dead lifts
  • Abs w/6 pound weighted ball

I am really starting to look better and feel great! I can see the change in my body. In fact I was able to put on a pair of pants today that haven't fit me in three years! Not only was I able to put them on, but I was able to button them and still have room in them!

I feel more confident every day and I hope that this feeling continues!

Stay Strong!
xoxox Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment