Yesterday was an *okay* food day. But I have realized that I need to expand my food horizons. I have been eating chicken like it's going out of style. Part of the reason is because B'Ster is allergic (yes you read that right) to any kind of poultry and the other part is just solely because I like it! That being said, I really need to introduce other sources of protein into my diet otherwise I can picture myself falling off the wagon very quickly, very soon!
I also was able to muster up the energy to get myself to the gym last night. Around 3:30pm my eyes started feeling heavy, and I truly could have taken a nap at my desk, but I forced myself to go. And I'm definitely glad I did. Going to the gym has now become a routine instead of something I dread. It used to be that if I didn't go I felt guilty but now if I don't go I feel like my day isn't complete - and for that I'm very happy! The gym was practically empty last night for the first time in a while, but I'm starting to see familiar faces each night - I get the "head nod" from a lot of the guys now which makes me feel less like an imposter and more like part of the crowd you know?
So with tonight being Friday and it being a huge night in sports for the city of Boston (Sox, Celt & Bruins playing!) I anticpate the gym to be even more barren than last evening. At least I know I won't have to wait around for a machine. But, does it make me look pathetic that I will be at the gym on a Friday night until about 8:30pm? How I wish I had plans instead ...
- Breakfast: Nature Valley Oats & Honey Granola Bar
- Snack: Yoplait Greek Yogurt w/vanilla & honey
- Lunch: Grilled Buffalo chicken wrap w/potato chips
- Snack: Homemade trail mix (cheerios, almonds, pumpkin seed & semi sweet chocolate chips)
- Dinner: 3oz shredded chicken w/spinach, bread crums & pasta sauce; skim milk
- Fat: 35.6% - over goal (by 1!)
- Carbs: 44.0% - met goal
- Protein: 20.3% - met goal
- 30 minutes Treadmill - 15 minutes running 5.5mph 0.5% incline, 15 minute 3.5mhp 12%incline
- 6lb Double Crunch
- 6lb Straight Arm/Leg Crunch
- 6lb Straight Arm/Leg Pulses
- Single Arm Raise (8/8/8/10lbs)
- Lateral Raise Machine (20/25/30/30lbs)
- Incline Bench Raise (8/8/8/8lbs)
- Calf Raises (62.5/75/82.5/100lbs)
- Seated Calf Raises (35/45/55/65lbs)