Monday, May 3, 2010

Nutrient Goals

After my first meeting with my trainer, we'll start calling her T, she suggested that I track not just my calories but also my fat, carbs and proteins. She said I need a 40/30/30 breakdown - having never tracked anything but calories in my life I didn't exactly know what that meant. But instead of asking her (which would meant admitting I didn't know something) I just nodded.

Luckily my fabulous friend Jami knew exactly what she was talking about and pointed me in the direction of Sparkpeople.com! Since then I have become almost addicted to inputting my food. I will input the littlest thing, and have gone so far as to Google almost all my food so I make sure the nutrition amounts are correct!

According to Sparkpeople.com my breakdown ranges are the following:

Calories: 1,480 - 1,830 (this isn't taking into account any exercise that I'm doing)
Fat: 33 - 71 grams
Carbs: 166 - 297 grams
Protein: 60 - 160 grams

It's really not that easy to do off the bat. I'm still looking at labels questioning myself when I eat something.

I bought a new food scale over the weekend so hopefully that will keep me within my limits in terms of protein weights! We'll see!

Stay Strong!
xoxox Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment