Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rainy Gloomy Day

It's only 9pm and I am exhausted. Why you ask? Well, let's start with the thunderstorm last night, followed by the rain all day, the ridiculously amazing work out I had this morning and all the errands and chores I've been doing since - I truly could collapse. But alas, tomorrow is Mother's Day which means more cleaning, cooking and preparing before I can rest.

B'Ster and I woke up this morning (after tossing and turning all night because of the storm) and had breakfast. He's been so supportive about my new eating habits - he made me egg-white scrambled eggs, turkey bacon and a cup of black coffee. It was the perfect way to start my day. After breakfast I went directly to the gym to meet with T. She had some serious plans in mind for me this morning. She threw me on a few new machines today and my legs were total jelly when she was done with me. Unfortunately, because I was a little late getting to the gym I had to wait and do my cardio after my weight training. Needless to say, there was no running today. I set the Treadmill to 0.5% incline and walked at 3.5 mph. Then I jumped on the Arc Trainer for an additional 25 minutes. The Arc Trainer isn't my favorite machine. It makes me feel like Tony Little in those Gazelle commercials. The only reason I used it today because I felt like it would stretch out my legs - which it did.

After my two hour stint at the gym, I headed to the mall to buy my Mother's Day presents ... took me two hours due to the frenzy over Pandora bracelets and beads. Once that task has been accomplished I headed over to my in-law's flower shop. They are always insanely busy on Mother's Day so I tend to stop in with coffee and snacks as a little pick-me up. I visited with them for few hours then did a few more errands before coming home.

Needless to say I forgot to eat lunch today because I was so busy, so I ended up eating two pieces of cheese pizza at the flower shop.... I PROMISE one of these days I will stick to my food requirements 100%...

Food Log:
  • Breakfast: egg-white scramble, turkey bacon & black coffee
  • Snack: nothing
  • Lunch: 2 pieces cheese pizza
  • Snack: nothing
  • Dinner: 6oz shredded chicken (there I go again), 2 tbls light BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup macaroni and cheese; skim milk
Carb/Fat/Protein Breakdown:
  • Fats: 31.7% - met goal
  • Carbs: 37.4% - under goal
  • Protein: 30.9% - met goal
Exercise:
  • Hack Squat
  • Leg Press
  • Dead lifts
  • Seated Leg Extension
  • Lying Leg Curl (20/20/20/20lbs)
  • Reverse Bosu Crunches (no weight)
  • Regular Bosu Crunches (no weight)
(I didn't bring my book home today so I don't have my numbers - I will update tomorrow)

Overall, it was a good day - definitely lacking in the nutrition dept and I'm starting to require more and more sleep ... we'll see how I hold up tomorrow with Mother's Day and everything.

Stay Strong!
xoxox Raich

No comments:

Post a Comment